Singapura

Singapore trip summary:
1. Tuesday 
Reached Woodlands. texted Eduardo to meet me at Yio Chu Kang MRT station. was worried i won't have enough money in my phone to call or money in my card to travel. came to Singapore with zero Singapore dollars. but fortunately, managed to catch a bus from Woodlands checkpoint to Woodlands MRT. then from there to Yio Chu Kang MRT. waited for him there. tired and full of heavy bags. after 10 mins of wait, he arrived. thinner than i expected. he looks almost as thin as grandpa. no hugs, no kisses like how Mexicans are suppose to greet each other, no handshake, nothing. just offered to help me carry my bags. and i thought, 'oh well, sigh'. i wonder how the next few days are gonna be like. reached his house... OHMYGOODNESS! 5 star hotel. feels like im in France or something. and i forgot to bring my swimsuit. he was pretty mad at me. 'it was THE ONE THING i asked you to do' he kept ranting. plus i didn't study much Spanish as i was supposed to. 

we went to Clarke Quay, he bought beers and we talked about our lives by the river. 

2. Wednesday 
went to look for Khai Shien at Singapore General Hospital (SGH). he introduced me to Mr Bean's pancakes. these are superb! $1.80. he treated me to these pancakes. and passed some cash to me. life saver. I was impressed at the services at SGH. assisted reproduction centre is 5x bigger than the ones in Malaysia. i guess fertility is a major thing here in Singapore. and i'm also impressed at the services they offer in SGH. but i couldn't see much as i wasn't dressed properly. met up with Lalo after that and we went grocery shopping as coffee and milk was running out. and also beer. he and beer go a long way. 
Supper: pringles chips + beer 

3. Thursday 
Lalo went to work so i had to go to Orchard road. spent the whole day there walking from mall to mall searching for wifi. went to sommerset as well cause Lalo said that its nice. but its just malls. i'm pretty sure i'm missing something. Met Lalo later to go to gardens by the bay and marina bay sands to catch the light show. went back tired, fulfilled, grateful.
Supper: pringles chips + beer 

4. Friday
Slept till almost 10am and Lalo didn't wake me up either. despite him waking up at 8am! then went to meet Terrence and Wenn Jie. they bought so much food and paid for the drinks. so nice of 'em! :) then came straight to Bekou's house. comfort zone.

Thank you to Lalo for hosting me and letting me stay in his super nice house 

till then!
Clarke quay in the evening 

Lalo at Clarke Quay

Khai Shien and the pancake 

X-Men pose 


Lalo and I opposite Marina Bay Sands 

the Merlion 


Killing time and getting lost 

Chinatown 

when he forces me to take a picture with the background and i took a picture of him instead 

Temple at Chinatown 

its nice to walk around in Chinatown 

these giant clogs are hilarious 

love these coloured buildings 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ephesians 5 and 6

25 Dec 2012

Year 2012 is coming to an end