2013! the year ends

2013 was quite a bittersweet year for me. so many things happened. In 2013, I went to Langkawi and Ipoh and truly enjoyed myself and also in 2013, I was baptized in water which is quite significant for me. In 2013, I got close to people I didn't even think I have anything to talk about with. But the Lord has shown His faithfulness by seeing me through the storms of the year. In 2013, I've had major setbacks. Caused by myself mostly. Those are I wouldn't say things I can do without because each incident taught me something. I've learned new things about myself too! like how impatient and how unforgiving I can be. This year really put my patience to the test and my willingness to forgive was greatly challenged. I never knew it was THIS hard to forgive. the reason I didn't know it before was because I was never THAT deeply hurt. But amidst the commotion, God was always there to remind me that He forgave me although there were so many times I hurt Him. Proof of His love. A love I'm trying to acquire to project it out to the people around me. that same love that drove Him to the cross should be the same love that i use to project to others. Why love people who just can't wait to tear you down? Sometimes I really don't get it. But now I do. because of SO MUCH OF LOVE, Jesus did what He did on the cross and He forgets what they did to Him. People are just waiting to see me fail. When Vish equate me to his popular friend in school, it meant something. It meant people are watching. It also meant there is a distinction between the popular and the not (as if we're still in high school) and hence, there is a possibility of backstabbing whenever possible and thus hatred begins. In fact, it already did. but there is always a counter attack. and love is a strong weapon. so, its up to me to use it.

2013 was also a year where God spoke to me a few times through His word. and also through the people around me. Luke clearly showed me what sacrifice meant. Wai Leem has been there advising me throughout the way. Ben has been there to make sure I have fun and forget all my troubles. Haranoop was there to help me solve my problems, although not much help. but i appreciate all these sincerity and thought put into it. When i learn how to not focus on my problem which the only solution is letting time heal the wounds, I realized that i can be a blessing to the people around me. I realized what a friend I can be to people. and they do appreciate that :) what a satisfaction I found in being a friend to others. Its not so much about solving the problem (like I always hurry to get to), but its being with them all along.

And i still hold on to the dream God planted in me. although it already seem pretty impossible, but I trust the Lord because He is going to see that it come to pass.

So, if anything, I want 2014 to be a year of expectations and victories.
and New Year Resolution:
1. Soar with Him to the next level
2. Do better in my studies
3. Make better relationships with people (especially being a better friend)
4. Manage money better
5. Be a blessing to others
6. Serve the Lord and serve men
7. do more DIY crafts
8. listen more, talk less (trust me, its hard)
9. try to go deeper than the superficial
10. have more close friends (instead of just sticking to the few I have)

Cheers to a brand new year with more revealing of His promises!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ephesians 5 and 6

25 Dec 2012

Year 2012 is coming to an end