Ephesians 5 and 6

Ephesians 5:2 Let love be your guide. How many times have we done something because we do it out of love, and not out of duty? How often do we call home because we care and not because we have to? how many times we helped somebody because we love that somebody?

Ephesians 5:4 Dont use dirty or foolish or filthy words. How filtered are our words? from what we speak, do people see Christ-likeness? do people know that we are prince and princesses from the way we speak? I personally realized at one time, i use the word s*** alot. maybe due to peer influence, but i didnt notice it until someone pointed it out. then that time, it got me thinking, is it okay to speak like that? a lot of Christians speak like that anyway. But it all boils down to.. what would people think? so the million dollar question is....... Do we need to care what others think about us? I already have my answer. what is yours?
the answer is in the second part of the next verse. 'You can be sure people who behave this way will never be a part of the kingdom of God'. My answer is further explained in v9 and v14. Light shows up everything.

v18 speaks to me as well. Dont destroy yourself by getting drunk, but let the Spirit fill your life. I like to drink. I dont deny that i like to drink. who doesnt? apart form those who dont have the enzyme to breakdown alcohol.  but the Lord says, dont get drunk.

Epehesians 6:8 You know that you will be rewarded for any good things you do, whether you are slaves or free. as the oldest child in the family, i have been growing up always giving in, always doing things and chores that are supposed to be done by younger siblings. and i used to complaint. Why must it always be me doing all those chores? I dont get paid to do any of those, until I went for a camp when God spoke to me through the pastor assuring me that he sees me. all those times when i was in the kitchen. He sees me washing the dishes. So, do it as service unto God and not unto men. this is just a small instance. what if you did so much but you were denied of a promotion and instead it was given to someone else who deserves it less than you do? How would that make you feel? Angry, frustrated? Service unto God. Service unto God.

v18 never stop praying especially for others. Always pray by the power of the Spirit. so, before praying, start by asking for the Holy Spirit. so that what you pray is not by yourselves or by your wisdom or by the use of your words but by the words from the Holy Spirit.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

25 Dec 2012

Year 2012 is coming to an end